The cauliflowers growing in my garden are ready to be picked at the same time and we just can’t use them fast enough. This is a great recipe for keeping up with the cauliflowers as the soup can be cooked and frozen for use at a later date.
- Ingredients 6
- Prep Time 00:30
- Cook Time 00:40
- Serves 8
- 45 g French onion soup mix
- 3 cup cold water
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese grated
- 1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
- Combine the soup mix, water and cauliflower and boil for 30 minutes.
- Place in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of milk and one cup of cheese and reheat until the cheese has melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The milk and cheese may be substituted for 2 cups of thickened cream instead.