This is a basic West Indian curried chicken recipe. Extremely easy to prepare and delicious with standard Caribbean fare. Peas and rice go great with it!
- Prep 25 m
- Cook 35 m
- Ready In 1 h
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup Jamaican curry powder
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, onions, and garlic until the chicken has browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes, salt, and curry powder, add enough water to cover the chicken halfway. Cover, and simmer until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Season to taste with hot pepper sauce.