Vegan bee sting muffins filled with buttercream.
- Ingredients 18
- Prep Time 00:30
- Cook Time 00:25
- Makes 7
- 170 g plain flour
- 100 mls almond milk lukewarm
- 1 tbs Nuttelex sunflower margarine melted
- 25 g raw sugar
- 1 tbs dry yeast
- 2 tbs vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- To make the dough, add the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the yeast. Melt the margarine, then add the almond milk, sugar and salt. Heat until it’s lukewarm. Add to the flour and combine well using your baking machine or hand mixer with the dough hooks. When combined well, use your hands to knead the dough until smooth. It should be a bit sticky and moist.
- Sprinkle a bit flour into a bowl, then add the dough and cover with a towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- To make the topping, melt the margarine, then add the syrup, sugar and almonds. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C. When the dough is ready to go, add approximately 54g of dough into a muffin tray and let it rest for a further 10 minutes. After 10 minutes top the dough with the almond mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. When cooked set aside to cool.
- For the cream, mix the margarine, potato starch, icing sugar and process with your hand mixer until fluffy. Add the syrup and combine carefully. Add the chilled cream and mix until well combined. Chill! Once the muffins have completely cooled, cut in half. Pipe the cream into on the button half, then top with the almond part mix.
Soyatoo is available at vegan and health food stores.