This recipe was adapted from a Sunset magazine recipe. It would be perfect with asparagus, except DH will not eat them. We had them with broccoli-again. I really wish the sodium level was lower on this and if someone has some advice email me.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Total Time 10 mins
- Servings 2
- 1 tomatoes, cut into 4 slices
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 slices French bread ( about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces low-fat swiss cheese
- Cut tomato in 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick slices and lay on paper towels (to soak up some of the juices).
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, thyme, pepper, and dry mustard.
- Let the bread soak for 30 seconds.
- Put oil in frying pan on medium heat, put bread in the pan, and brown one side for about 1 minute.
- Then flip bread over, reduce heat to low, top bread slices with tomato and cheese.
- Cover pan and heat until cheese melts.
- Serve hot.