Create a new family favourite with this flavoursome Thai-inspired meatball salad. Recipe by Karina Carrel – CafeDelites.
- Ingredients 29
- 500 g lean chicken mince
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic large
- 1 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 tbs Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp minced lemon grass
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 dash oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the meatball ingredients until well combined.
- Fill a shallow bowl with water, dip your hands in, shake off excess water and with wet hands, roll 1 tablespoon of meatball mixture into a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 16-20 meatballs.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs in batches without crowding the pan, and brown on all sides until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Combine salad ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate jug, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and mix throughout the salad leaves.
- Serve with the chicken meatballs and garnish with the crushed peanuts.
You can use ground ginger instead of minced ginger if preferred.
I normally use either peanut, sesame or olive oil when frying.
Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to slice the Lebanese cucumer
For the dressing you can use either peanut oil, olive, canola, or grape seed oil if preferred.
You can also replace the coconut sugar with brown sugar.