This is sort of a variation on the twice baked potatoe. You can use any shredded cheese, I like a cheddar blend, but taco cheese or monterey jack works well also. Use more or less cheese/bacon, according to your family’s taste. Turkey bacon works too.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Total Time 35 mins
- Servings 4-6
- 1 (16 ounce) bags tater tots ( I use whatever small bag is on sale)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 (8 ounce) containers sour cream
- Cook tots in oven as directed. Don’t turn off oven.
- Take off cookie sheet and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of tots. Crumble bacon on top of cheese.
- Place uncovered back into preheated oven 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted. Sprinkle chives over the top. Serve with sour cream on the side for dipping, also ketchup works well for the kids.