Feel like spoiling yourself for breakfast? These are definitely a very special breakfast treat and would make a lovely addition to any breakfast party – maybe even a special treat for Mother’s Day.
- Ingredients 10
- Prep Time 00:15
- Cook Time 00:25
- Serves 5
- 10 croissant small
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 250 g frozen strawberries hulled sliced
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40 g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar *to serve
- 250 g fresh strawberries *to serve
- 1 baking tray 1 bowl 1 frying pan 1 whisk 1 wire rack
- Preheat oven to 150C (130C fan-forced).
- Carefully cut croissants in half to form a pocket, do not cut all the way through.
- Spread strawberry jam in the pocket and fill with sliced strawberries.
- Place sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl, whisk until combined.
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- When the butter is sizzling, dip five filled croissants into the milk mixture.
- Place croissants in the pan and cook until golden on both sides.
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack over a baking tray.
- Place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining butter, croissants and milk mixture.
- Serve croissants dusted with sifted icing sugar and with the extra strawberries, if desired.
My family absolutely love these croissants, I hope you do too! I plan on having a Christmas breakfast next year and these are definitely going to be on the menu.