This is a big, hearty, delicious dish made so much easier using Campbell’s Real Spanish Soup Base. It’s a flavour packed, one pan dish that feeds a crowd.
- Ingredients 13
- Prep Time 00:20
- Cook Time 00:40
- Serves 6
- 1 L Campbell’s Real Spanish Soup Base
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500 g green prawns fresh peeled
- 200 g calamari tubes sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage sliced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 Spanish onion chopped
- 1 corncob kernels only
- 1/2 red capsicum chopped
- 2 tomatoes peeled deseeded diced
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbs parsley chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
- Add oil to a large pan over medium – high heat. Add Chorizo and onion and fry until onion is soft and chorizo is browned. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring until heated through and coated in oil. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Add Campbell’s Real Spanish Soup base, corn and capsicum. Cover and simmer over low heat for approximately 20 minutes. Do not stir.
- Add calamari rings, pushing down into mixture a little. Scatter peas and chopped tomatoes over, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add a little extra water if required.
- Add prawns to the top of the rice pushing in a little. Cook covered for about 7 minutes until prawns are no longer translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread if desired.
If you wish to use mussels, push them into the rice mixture with the prawns at step 4. Do not stir after step 2 to achieve the lovely crust on the bottom that paella is renowned for.