Using root beer to season slow cooked pork tenderloin makes a novel, yet tasty preparation method guaranteed to win applause.
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 7 h
- Ready In 7 h 10 m
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker, pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.