Combine frozen hash brown potatoes with sausage, eggs, and cheese for a hearty, 5-star-rated breakfast or brunch casserole that can be prepped ahead and baked the next morning. Sauté one large onion and one bell pepper in the pork drippings for extra flavor and color. Tip from the recipe developer: To make mini frittatas, cook in 6-inch cast-iron skillets for 30 minutes at 375. Top with sliced avocados, pico de gallo, and a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with green onions.
- Yield Makes 10 servings
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Prepare hash browns according to package directions, using 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, and cheese. Pour into a lightly greased – x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.