Make Ahead: Store roasted vegetables in a zip-top plastic freezer bag or an airtight container in the fridge. Before serving, return to room temperature and check seasoning.
- Yield Makes 8 to 10 servings
- Total time 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 pound small golden beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 10 -12 garlic cloves
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs
- 3 small bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°. Divide first 8 ingredients between two aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pans. Drizzle with butter and oil, toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer in each pan, leaving about 1 inch between pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake both pans at 425° for 20 minutes, placing 1 pan on middle oven rack and 1 pan on lower oven rack. Rotate pans front to back, and top rack to bottom rack. Bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Gently loosen vegetables, and add salt and pepper to taste. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Discard herb sprigs and bay leaves. Place vegetables in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and refrigerate 2 hours to 2 days.
- To serve, let vegetables stand 20 minutes or until room temperature. Add 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette, toss to coat.
- Arrange radicchio leaves on a serving platter, top with roasted
- vegetables. Drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salad with remaining vinaigrette.