For a delicious fall side dish, combine roasted butternut squashÂ with Parmesan-garlic bread crumbs.Â
- Yield Serves 4 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
- 2 (11-ounce) containers peeled diced fresh butternut squash
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce torn French bread baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425Â°.
- Arrange butternut squash in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Bake at 425Â° for minutes or until browned, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Place torn French bread baguette in a mini food processor, pulse until coarse crumbs form. Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add crumbs to pan, sautÃ© 2 minutes. Place mixture in a large bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese and thyme. Add squash, toss.