A grilled Reuben sandwich made with pastrami, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and 1000 island dressing on rye bread.
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 10 m
- Ready In 25 m
- 8 slices rye bread
- 3/4 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices pastrami
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- Spread each slice of bread with thousand island dressing. Top 4 of the bread slices with sauerkraut, cheese and pastrami. Place remaining bread slices on sandwich. Spread margarine on the outsides of each sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Grill until browned, then turn and grill until heated through, and cheese is melted.