Bit like a pizza casserole but this has a crust so theoretically you could pick it up and eat it like regular pizza, but half of the toppings would probably slide off. The toppings listed are mostly suggestions try it this way or using your favorite toppings instead.
- Prep Time 24 mins
- Total Time 44 mins
- Serves Â 8,
- Yield 1 9×12
- Dough 1 cup warm water or 1 cup milk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Toppings 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced ( fresh or canned)
- 1 (4 ounce) packages sliced pepperoni
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) cans sliced black olives
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in water.
- Combine flour, parmesan and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until dough forms, let rise 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add hamburger, onions and garlic, season with chili powder and sautÃ© until onions are tender and meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Grease a 9×12-inch cake pan, and press dough into pan.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce onto dough, layer 1/2 of all remaining ingredients, top with remaining sauce, then layer on all remaining ingredients (the cake pan will be full at this point).
- Bake at 350Â°F for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.