A delicious healthy meal packed with vegetables.
- Ingredients 12
- Prep Time 00:30
- Cook Time 00:40
- Serves 4
- 2 eggplant
- 1 red capsicum seeds removed chopped into pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum seeds removed chopped into pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds crushed
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 zucchini cut into slices
- 6 basil torn
- 400 g canned diced tomato
- 1 knife 1 saucepan
- Slice the eggplants in half lengthways, then in half lengthways again, then across into 2.5 centimetre chunks.
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, then add the garlic. Increase heat and fry for 2 minutes. Do not burn the garlic.
- Add the fennel seeds, vinegar and sugar, then allow to thicken.
- Add the remaining oil, and the capsicum, zucchini and eggplant. Add basil. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 15 minutes, or until eggplant is soft.
Serve with pasta and Parmesan cheese.