Cooked quinoa simmers with a mixture of chicken, garlic, onion, and diced tomatoes with green chiles in this easy one-dish meal.
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 40 m
- Ready In 50 m
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, or to taste, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 1/2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL(R))
- Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground chicken and break into small pieces while cooking until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked quinoa and diced tomatoes into the chicken mixture, bring to a simmer and cook long enough for the flavors to meld, about 10 minutes more.