Here are sausage sandwiches just the way you like ’em: quick ‘n easy, peppers n’ cheesy, and served up hot on toasted French bread rolls.
- Prep Time 30min.
- Total Time 30min.
- Servings 4 servings
- 4 Italian sausage links (1 lb.)
- 1 each green and red pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 French bread rolls, partially split, toasted
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 12 min. or until done (160ÂºF), turning after 6 min. Remove sausages from skillet, cover. Discard drippings from skillet.
- Add peppers, onions and dressing to skillet, cook and stir 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to boil, cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausages lengthwise in half, being careful to not cut all the way through to bottom of each. Open sausages, place, cut sides down, on bottom halves of rolls. Top with vegetable mixture and cheese.