Best marshmallow recipe I have used. Fail-safe and delicious! Great for birthday parties – kids love them.
- Ingredients 5
- Prep Time 00:30
- Makes 1
- 4 tsp gelatine powder
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Add gelatine to hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Place sugar and cold water in a bowl and whip with electric beaters for 5 minutes.
- Add the gelatine mixture to the sugar and beat until thick.
- Pour into trays or moulds to set.
- When set, cut up and roll in icing sugar or cornflour.
This is fantastic poured into small square ice-cream cones and sprinkled with hundreds and thousands.