My wonderful Italian mother in law gave me this recipe. They used to cook with whatever was on hand at the time and this was a much loved family recipe. Very tasty served with any meats, quiches or whatever tickles your fancy.
- Ingredients 5
- Cook Time 00:15
- Serves 4
- 4 potato peeled cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tbs parsley chopped
- Cook onion in microwave until just soft.
- Add the potatoes and stock.
- Cook for approximately 6 minutes, then add the crushed tomatoes and stir.
- Cook for another 6 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- This dish will have quite a lot of liquid.
Finished product should be liquidy. I sometimes add chopped olives when I add the tomato. Do not use tomato paste.