This 5-star corn chowder can be on your table in less than 30 minutes for dinner tonight thanks to convience items like rotisserie chicken and frozen corn.
- Yield 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and jalapeño, cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add flour, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cook until thick (about 5 minutes).