Quick and easy chicken piquant, made with diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, is a spicy and crowd-pleasing dish perfect for weeknight dinners.
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 15 m
- Ready In 25 m
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere’s(R))
- 1 (16 ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL(R))
- 1/4 cup diced sweet pickles
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Mix flour and Creole seasoning together in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken through the flour mixture, shaking of excess.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Cook chicken in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, pickles, vinegar, capers, and garlic to chicken, simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes more.