Pumpkin bread is cubed and baked in a custard and topped with a quick and simple sauce made with butterscotch caramel sauce and dark rum in this dessert recipe.
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 35 m
- Ready In 55 m
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups cubed pumpkin bread
- 2/3 cup butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Prepare a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Arrange the cubed pumpkin bread in the pie pan. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Combine the caramel sauce, heavy cream, and rum in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat on High in microwave for 45 seconds, whisk. Drizzle sauce over bread pudding to serve.