A tasty meat filled pastry.
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Total Time 40 mins
- Servings 12
- Dough 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Filling 1 lb browned ground beef or 1 lb cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 cup sliced green olives
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages sazon goya with coriander and annatto
- For cooking 1 cup vegetable oil ( for frying)
- DOUGH: combine all the dry ingredients in electric mixer, add all the wet ingredients. Mix for about 3 minutes until well combined. Dough will form.
- Take it out and knead for about 3 minutes, let sit wrapped in plastic-wrap for another 15 minutes.
- Divide into 12 pieces, then roll into 4 inch circles.
- FILLING: Brown ground beef (drain excess grease), or sauté shredded chicken in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add all the ingredients and cook for an additional 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- COOKING: Preheat the oil in a frying pan at about a medium temperature. Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in the dough and seal the edges with a fork.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on each side, then place on dish lined with paper-towels.