Enjoy prime rib any day with this recipe. Our Prime Rib with Marsala-Mushroom Sauce sounds like special-occasion fare, but it’s surprisingly easy to make.
- Prep Time 10min.
- Total Time 2hr. 50min.
- Servings 15 servings
- 1 beef prime rib roast (5 lb.), 2 to 3 ribs
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups mixed sliced fresh mushrooms (baby bella, shiitake, oyster)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- Heat oven to 325ÂºF.
- Place meat in shallow pan, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. pepper and salt. Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until internal temperature of meat reaches 145ÂºF. Let stand 10 min. (Temperature will rise to 160ÂºF).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add mushrooms, cook and stir 3 min. Stir in flour, mustard, herbs and remaining pepper. Gradually stir in broth and wine, cook and stir on medium heat 4 min. or until thickened.
- Serve meat with sauce.