This is a nice change to potatoes–it makes a hearty dish.
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Serves Â 6,
- Yield 0.5 cup
- 5 lbs potatoes ( peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 lb Canadian bacon ( this should come in sandwich slice then cut int chunks)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk ( see note below)
- 1/2 cup Shedd Spread Country Crock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- Put potatoes, onions and Canadian bacon in large roasting pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the flour.
- Then toss all together to evenly distribute the items together.
- Pour milk into roasting pan until it get to be about 3/4 up the way to the potatoes.
- Dot with the Shedd Spread Country Crock.
- Bake in the over for about and hour or until looks like it is almost absorbed all the milk.
- Then top with Swiss cheese. Bake again till it is all melted.
- Let sit outside of oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with nice salad.