I make this all summer long. We have to have this anytime we grill or BBQ which is often. Never, never any left-over.
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Servings 8
- 4 lbs red potatoes
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender, drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop egg whites.
- In a large bowl, stir together potato, egg whites, 1/2 t. salt and green onions.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks in a small bowl, add in remaining 1/2 t. salt, mayo, pickle relish, mustard, pepper, and celery seed, stirring until well blended.
- Gently stir yolk mixture into potato mixture, adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours (it is even better if you can chill this overnight and serve the next day).