This deliciously decadent homemade ice cream makes an impressive dinner party dessert or just a fun thing to try at home with the kids.
- Ingredients 5
- Prep Time 00:20
- Serves 6
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 2/3 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g cream cheese
- 2 red velvet cupcakes crumbled
- Line a 28cm x 18cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Crumble one red velvet cupcake into the mixture and stir it until all combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish you prepared earlier.
- Place small blobs of cream cheese throughout the mixture and then poke the cream cheese blobs down under the surface with a spatula or spoon.
- Cover with glad wrap and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 – 15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften a little. Scoop it into bowls and sprinkle with additional cupcake crumbs to serve.
You can skip the cream cheese if the kids aren’t keen.
Don’t forget to serve it sprinkled with extra cake crumbs.
It may be too hard to scoop when it first comes out of the freezer, leave it for a good 15 minutes and it’ll be the perfect ‘scooping’ texture.