A richly-flavored single-crust pie has a buttery pecan and chocolate chip filling flavored with bourbon whiskey.
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 55 m
- Ready In 1 h 25 m
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/8 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until eggs are foamy, about 3 minutes, beat corn oil, bourbon whiskey, and vanilla extract into the eggs until just incorporated.
- Beat flour, white sugar, and light brown sugar into egg mixture until smoothly blended, then beat in butter.
- Gently stir pecans and chocolate chips into the filling.
- Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and a knife inserted halfway between the center and edge of the filling comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.