It doesn’t sound like much but I prefer this as an alternative to caramel corn, it is that good. I make it at Christmas time, pink and green and mix them together. Simple to make, sweet and crunchy. Colorful to boot! It goes fast. As far as I know this is an old recipe from long ago.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Total Time 20 mins
- Serves 4,
- Yield 8 cups
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- food coloring
- Mix milk and sugar in a sauce pan and on medium heat bring to a boil.
- Careful not to let it burn and do not scrape the sides of the pan or the sugar will crystalize.
- Add vanilla extract and your choice of food coloring (it is usually pink or light green) and mix well.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl then pour the hot liquid over it and coat as evenly as you can.
- Spread on a cookie sheet to dry.