My kids don’t like meatloaf but they love this! It is wonderfully moist and flavorful. This is from the Stonyfield Farm web site. When I am short on time, I skip the saute the onion step and just mix it all together – tastes delicious!
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 25 mins
- Servings 8
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup quick oats ( not instant)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat.
- Stire continously until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and ketchup.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, yogurt and egg.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and mix well with your hands.
- Place turkey mixture in a lightly oiled standard bread pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes (until meat thermometer inserted into meatload registers 170 degrees).
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.