These tiny Santa cheesecakes are the ideal dessert for Christmas Day. The combination of sharp baked cheesecake, chocolate-y biscuit base and fresh zing of strawberry is so moreish. Try stopping at one.
- Ingredients 9
- Prep Time 00:30
- Cook Time 00:20
- Serves 6
- Makes 24
- 12 mini Oreo biscuits
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 24 fresh strawberries
- 150 mls cream
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a 24 cup mini muffin tin with paper cases.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Break each mini Oreo in half and use a knife to scrape the cream filling away from the lower Oreo. Place one mini Oreo into the base of each mini muffin cup.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture amongst the muffin cups, pouring it or spooning it over each mini Oreo.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly risen and just beginning to crack on the surface.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and refrigerate while you make the toppings.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar together until thick and fluffy. Prepare the strawberries by cutting off their tops (where the stalk is) to create a Santa hat shape out of each one.
- Put the whipped cream mixture into a piping bag and pipe a generous blob onto each cooled cheesecake. Place a strawberry onto each blob, pushing it down so that the cream oozes out slightly to become the hat’s fur trim.
- Top each Santa hat with a small dab of cream for a pom pom. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
These are the perfect Christmas petit fours when Christmas lunch has you too defeated for a full dessert plate.
Store these in the fridge on a hot day so that the cream doesn’t melt.
These are also an easy sweet treat for Christmas drinks parties.