Awesome panini, can use skillet, GF grill, or panini press. From the cookbook, Delizioso: Panini the Italian Way.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Total Time 8 mins
- Servings 4
- 8 slices Italian bread, cut about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 cups escarole ( can sub other greens)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Brush one side of all pieces of bread with 1/4 cup EVOO and vinegar. Salt and pepper.
- Place artichoke hearts on cutting board and flatten using broad side of a knife.
- Assemble sandwiches using artichoke hearts, gorgonzola, escarole.
- Brush the outside of sandwiches with remaining olive oil.
- Cook until done by preferred method.