Freeze this in individual servings for a delicious lunch box treat.
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Total Time 40 mins
- Yield 8 cups
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) cans kernel corn
- 2 cups taco sauce or 2 cups salsa
- 1/2-1 tablespoon taco seasoning, I use Bulk Taco Seasoning Mix
- Cook bacon, until crisp, in a large saucpan.
- Add vegetables and cook until onion is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and then freeze in single serve containers. Defrost overnight, then warm in microwave until heated through. Pour into thermos and pack in lunch.
- Send along small containers of cheddar and/or montery jack cheese, if desired, for garnish. This soup goes great with tortilla chips!