Panzerotti is a favourite lunch box snack of my kids that is not only easy to make, but the biggest bonus, they taste simply divine. Panzerotti are little pizza pockets that can have savoury or sweet fillings, so you can really experiment. Panzerotti is loved by young and old and I assure you that they will become a household favourite. Bon AppÃ©tit!
- Ingredients 12
- Prep Time 00:40
- Cook Time 00:30
- Serves 12
- 500 g plain flour
- 300 mls lukewarm water
- 10 g sugar
- 25 g dry yeast
- 20 g salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 egg beaten
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in Â½ cup of the lukewarm water. Cover lightly with a napkin and leave it for 1 hour.
- Place flour into a large bowl. Add the salt to remaining water to dissolve. Add yeast mixture and the salted water to the flour and mix until it form a soft dough. Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Place the dough onto a lightly surface and knead for 5 minutes..
- Divide the dough into 12 balls. Arrange the balls on 2 lightly floured trays. Gently press each ball out into a nice circle.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling.
- Place a spoon of the filling in the middles of each ball. Place mozzarella cheese on top of the mixture.
- Brush the edge with water and fold over to make a half-moon shape. Press edges together and then stamp securely with a fork.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Brush beaten egg over each of the panzerottis.
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
You can swap the salami for prosciutto or light ham.