This colorful orzo and chicken main dish salad is packed with an assortment of chopped fresh vegetables and tossed with a tangy lemon dressing. It’s a great use for leftover or rotisserie chicken.
- Yield 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
- Total time 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup prechopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water, drain and place in a large bowl.
- While orzo cooks, combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper), stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over orzo, toss to coat. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients (through dill), toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.