Turn “jacket potatoes” into irresistible potato salad bites. Capers offer a twist on traditional relish, they’re actually pickled flower buds and add bright, briny flavor to this appetizer.
- Yield Serves 12 (serving size: 2 potato halves)
- Total time 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 12 small red potatoes, halved (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped drained capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine potatoes and oil, toss to coat. Arrange potatoes, cut sides down, in a single layer on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes, bake 10 minutes. Remove and cool 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Using a paring knife, carefully cut a circle in the cut side of potatoes. Using a melon baller or small spoon, remove pulp from potato, leaving a thin shell. Combine pulp, sour cream, 1 tablespoon chives, and next 5 ingredients (through pepper). Evenly fill potato shells with filling, sprinkle with cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
- Broil potatoes for 2 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.