This is what I call awesome home cooking…My Mom used to make this and we’d all be dying just smelling how wonderful it was going to be while it was cooking! My Mom was a gifted cook, and this recipe just might prove it…YUM!
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Total Time 5 hrs 15 mins
- Servings 6-8
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) cans sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat oil in frying pan and partially cook onion, green pepper, celery and garlic. Push to the side.
- Add ground chuck and brown. Chop into large chunks, and then drain grease.
- Dump cooked meat mixture and all other ingredients (except kidney beans) into crock pot and mix well.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then turn on LOW for 4 hours. Add red kidney beans during last 15 minutes of cooking.