You know how everyone always says, I never liked meat loaf until I tried this one — well, here’s another one. This is truly the only meat loaf I and my husband eat. It’s different and full of flavor. The recipe was given to my sister by a good friend of her’s, hence the name.
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Total Time 2 hrs
- Serves Â 4-6,
- Yield 1.0 loaf
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb maple sausage
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup dry Stove Top stuffing mix ( cornbread flavor is best)
- 1/4 cup honey-flavored barbecue sauce ( I use Kraft brand)
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients together, keeping mixture light and chunky. Don’t overmix.
- Place mixture in ungreased loaf pan. Dent top of loaf and baste with extra Honey BBQ sauce.
- Place loaf in oven and bake at 400-425 for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes for a single loaf. (Mixture can be divided into two loaf pans. Use 350 degree oven and shorten cooking time to 40 minutes.).
- Let loaf rest for 10 minutes before removing to serving plate for slicing. (If leaving in loaf pan, drain excess oil and juices from pan after meat rests.).