This tasty poached chicken is a deliciously flavoured chicken dish that is simple to make and super satisfying to eat.
- Ingredients 7
- Prep Time 00:10
- Cook Time 01:10
- Serves 6
- 1 1/2 kgs whole chicken
- 1 Litre Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 piece ginger peeled thickly sliced
- 1 green onion cut into pieces *extra *to serve
- 10 g dried shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 large heavy based saucepan
- Place chicken breast-side down in a heavy based large saucepan. Add Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style, mirin, tamari, ginger, onion and shiitake. Add approximately 3-4 cups water to cover chicken in liquid. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat without lifting cover. Stand for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Lift chicken from liquid and place on a board. Carve and serve topped with shredded extra spring onion and a little broth.
Choose a saucepan where the chicken will fit snuggly so you won’t have to add too much water to cover the chicken.
Keep the stock for soups.
Recipe by Lucy Nunes for Massel.