Quick, easy and affordable lamb chop dish that can be made and left to slowly cook while you go and unwind with your favourite magazine.
- Ingredients 12
- Prep Time 00:20
- Cook Time 02:00
- Serves 4
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 8 chump chops (lamb)
- 4 bacon rashers cut into strips
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 500 g potato peeled thickly sliced
- 3 carrot thickly sliced
- 1 brown onion cut into wedges
- 1 leek small thickly sliced
- 150 g cabbage thinly sliced
- 500 mls beef stock (liquid)
- 2 tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 casserole dish
- Heat butter and oil in a casserole dish or large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the chops and cook until browned on each side.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and rest on paper towel.
- Sprinkle flour into the dish and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and layer half the potato, carrot and bacon in base of dish.
- Arrange the chops in a single layer over the bacon and cover with layers of the remaining vegetables and bacon.
- Pour in enough of the stock to cover, then bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for at least 1½ hours or until the meat is very tender and the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Season well and sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The dish is delicious, so tasty and so quick and easy, the whole family will love this one. I use either lamb necks or chump chops.