A very quick, easy and healthy dessert that can be varied to suit your family’s tastes, and only needs 2 basic ingredients.
- Ingredients 3
- Prep Time 00:05
- Cook Time 02:00
- Serves 10
- 200 g natural yoghurt
- 85 g jelly crystals
- 250 mls boiling water
- Combine jelly crystals with boiling water and stir until crystals have dissolved.
- Place jelly into fridge and leave until just starting to set.
- Empty the tub of yoghurt into a separate bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the yoghurt while gradually adding the partially set jelly until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into individual moulds or leave to set in the bowl. Place in fridge until chilled and set.
- Serve with fresh or tinned fruit, whipped cream or ice cream.
I use low fat yoghurt for a healthier, low fat and lower sugar alternative. The above quantity will make enough to serve 3 with the addition of fruit and ice cream or cream. Simply double the quantities for more servings. The variations to this basic recipe are endless. Try using different flavoured jellies, or try the many flavoured yoghurts available. The French cheesecake flavour made by Yoplait is particularly nice with an orange or lime jelly.