Quinoa is tossed with steamed vegetables in a light vinaigrette in this quick and easy recipe for quinoa salad.
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 20 m
- Ready In 40 m
- 4 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) box quinoa
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots, corn, peas, and broccoli to steamer, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa and vegetable mixture together in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl, pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat.