These are easy to make! and healthy for you too (small amount of butter sugar), but still so very sweet and wholesome. The cookies are chewy and go great with any other add-ins (raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.) Courtesy of FoodNetwork.com
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Total Time 25 mins
- Serves Â 10,
- Yield 30 cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour ( all-purpose is good too)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats ( aka oatmeal)
- chopped dates (optional) or figs (optional) or raisins (optional) or currants (optional) or chocolate chips (optional) or chopped nuts, etc (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray (just for convenience :]).
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water thoroughly.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix. Add any additional ingredients you’ve chosen.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.