Delicious apple cake with the taste of honey and it’s dairy-free.
- Ingredients 8
- Prep Time 00:10
- Cook Time 00:45
- Makes 1
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 4 green apples medium peeled diced
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, honey and eggs and beat well.
- Fold in sifted flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Stir apples gently through batter and pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until a wooden skewer is pulled clean from centre of cake.
- Turn out onto wire rack and cool.
Vegetable oil can be substituted for the macadamia. Walnuts can substitute pecans.