A delicious real alphabet soup which is much more nutritionally sound, as well as tastier, than the canned stuff. Recipe from Stealth Health Mar/99. In the ingredients, Dried Italian herb seasoning is just regular dried Italian herb.
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 50 mins
- Servings 6
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cups vegetarian chicken broth or 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dried white bean, rinsed
- 1 (398 ml) cans tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup dry alphabet pasta
- Combine first five ingredients, boil.
- Add next four ingredients, boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 1 1/2 hours until beans are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove most of the beans and transfer remaining liquid to a blender, process till smooth.
- Return mixture and beans back to the pot, Stir in alphabet pasta.
- Boil then reduce hear, cover and simmer 8 minutes until pasta is tender but firm.
- Yield: 6 1 1/2 cup servings.