All the fresh flavors of summer come together in Grilled Chicken with Tomato-Avocado Salad. The homemade buttermilk dressing balances the heat of the chicken and completes the meal.
- Yield Serves 4
- 1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 ears yellow corn, shucked
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 red tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sliced peeled ripe avocado
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl, stir with a whisk. Chill buttermilk mixture until ready to serve.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Combine oil, onion powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and chipotle, rub evenly over chicken. Coat corn and onion with cooking spray. Arrange chicken, corn, and onion on grill rack, grill 8 minutes or until done, turning chicken and onion once and corn occasionally. Remove from grill, let stand 5 minutes. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- Slice chicken. Arrange 1 breast on each of 4 plates. Arrange 2 yellow and 2 red tomato slices on each plate. Top each serving with 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes. Divide corn, onion, and avocado evenly among plates. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over salads. Drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.