Spoil yourself rotten every weekend with this delicious homemade brekkie that’s way better than what you’d get at any cafe.
- Ingredients 9
- Prep Time 00:40
- Cook Time 00:17
- Serves 2
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 4 slices Helga’s gluten free wholemeal bread
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 rashers rindless bacon
- 2 bananas small
- 1 tbs coconut sugar heaped
- Place eggs, almond milk and salt in a bowl and whisk until combined. Place bread into lamington pan or similar rectangular dish. Pour batter over bread. Leave to sit and soak in the eggy goodness for 30 minutes, gently turning after 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Line baking tray with baking paper, scatter with walnuts and pour over maple syrup. Stir to coat nuts evenly. Roast 12 minutes or until nuts are toasted and caramelised, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook bacon 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and keep warm in oven.
- Remove bread from the batter, cook both sides until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Cut bananas in half lengthways and coat inside lengths with coconut sugar. Place in pan, sugar side down and cook until golden and sticky.
- Now it’s time to assemble the stack! Layer from the bottom up: bread – bacon – banana – nuts –bread – bacon – banana – nuts – then drizzle with the extra syrup.