A beautiful festive salad. Perfect salad to serve at holiday gatherings. Adapted from a recipe I found many years ago. I don’t add the coconut but the original recipe did. I use the canned fruits for ease when making this to take to a potlucks, however fresh fruits and beets can be used. Dressing can be made earlier in day also.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Total Time 10 mins
- Servings 8
- Dressing 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head romaine lettuce, wash dried & torn into small pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) cans julienned beets, drained
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 (16 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4-1/2 cup shaved fresh coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Instructions: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and cilantro.
- Set aside.
- Place lettuce into salad bowl, top with beets and fruit.
- Add dressing and toss lightly to mix.
- Top with peanuts, coconut and/or pomegranite seeds.