Homemade crepes wrapped around a creamy mixture of shrimp and crabmeat do, indeed, make for some very Elegant Seafood Crepes.
- Prep Time 10min.
- Total Time 1hr. 0min.
- Servings 8 servings, 1 crepe each
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 lb. frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed
- 1 can (6 oz.) crabmeat, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of the butter, set aside. Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add melted butter, the flour and salt, beat until smooth. Let stand 20 min.
- Heat lightly greased medium nonstick skillet on medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup batter into skillet, tilting pan to form a thin round circle. Cook 1 to 2 min. or until edge of crepe is lightly browned. Carefully turn crepe with spatula, cook an additional 30 sec. Remove from skillet, cover to keep warm. Repeat to make a total of 8 crepes.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in small saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic, cook and stir 2 min. Gradually add cream cheese, stirring until completely melted. Add shrimp, crabmeat and tomato sauce, stir. Cook 10 min. or until heated through. Spoon 1/3 cup of the seafood mixture down center of each crepe, roll up. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.