These are super easy, super quick buns. I get requests to take them everywhere we go. They are great for those last minute dinner guests, or a nice surprise for breakfast. They freeze well, and make excellent toast. This recipe is a combo of my grandmothers recipe and a few others, all tweaked to make a fast, easy, soft, fluffy bun.
- Prep Time 1 hr
- Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Serves Â 12-15,
- Yield 12.0 Buns
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast ( 2 8g packages)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix 2 C flour yeast in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, heat milk, water, oil, sugar salt to lukewarm in microwave.
- Add all at once to flour mixture and beat till smooth. (Approx 2 mins in a Kitchenaid stand mixer).
- Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough (2 – 2 1/2 Cups).
- Mix well until dough is soft and slightly sticky, then turn out onto floured surface and let rest under a large greased bowl for about 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into 12-15 small balls and place on greased baking sheet to rise until doubled in size. (approx 45 Mins).
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 12-15 minutes.